Spring is finally upon us, which means it’s time to get your home back in tip-top shape. While we can’t wait to get outside, it’s essential to do a deep clean up as it promotes not only wellness by keeping your home clean and organized but also carries a fresh start into the summer. If you find spring cleaning overwhelming, don’t worry, we have broken down some manageable steps to simplify the process this year.
Start by getting rid of clutter.
Before getting into the basics of cleaning, it’s better to start by getting rid of items that are needlessly taking up space in your home. Getting rid of clothes that the family no longer wears is a great way to boost your closet storage. If you haven’t worn something in the last 6-12 months, it may be time to clear it out.
Next, give everything a deep clean.
Once you’ve rid your home of cluttered spaces, it’s time to rid it of dust, dirt, and other allergens to turn your home into a refreshing atmosphere. Here are some simple yet helpful tips you need to check off of your spring-cleaning list:
1. Dust should be the first to go- start by dusting your shelves, ceiling fans, baseboards, and if you have hardwood floors, beneath the furniture as well.
2. Next, be sure to deep clean all of the windows as the long months of winter have collected debris like pollen, dirt, and dust along your windowsills. Cleaning the interior and exterior can go along way as allowing in the fresh air will reduce allergens.
3. Furniture can also use a deep spring clean! While stains may not be visible, it doesn’t mean that dust, animal fur, or crumbs haven’t snuck their way into your cushions. Upholstered vacuums can get into the cracks and crevasses, cleaning your favorite furniture in a matter of minutes.
4. Don’t forget to give everything a good scrub! This can apply to all areas of your home; tackle the tubs, shine all the mirrors, and freshen the kitchen appliances.
5. Finish with the floors. This should be the final step as it sees the most traffic. Vacuum the carpets and rugs, sweep, mop, and give the rest of your floors a shine.
Lastly, use these tips year-round.
While some might be surprised to find out that we should be dusting and vacuuming every few days, turning these tips into a weekly routine will prevent excessive build-up. The more often you tackle chores, the less often you’ll have to do a thorough deep clean!